It’s a new year! Are you wanting a whiter and brighter smile? Do you want to boost your confidence? If you want a brighter, more confident smile, read on to discover how to keep your teeth white and bright all year long!
The best way to keep your teeth healthy and white is through good oral hygiene.
1. Change Your Toothbrush – Getting those teeth clean depends heavily on your toothbrush. If your toothbrush is worn down, then it’s not cleaning those hard to reach places anymore. This means more plaque build-up. Change your toothbrush every 3 months to keep your teeth clean and white.
2. Brush Your Teeth – Brush your teeth at least twice a day or after every meal.
3. Floss – Floss at least once a day to remove the plaque your toothbrush can’t reach.
4. Mouthwash – Using mouthwash once a day can kill the bacteria that leads to plaque build-up.
5. Whitening Toothpaste – Use a whitening toothpaste once or twice a week to prevent yellowing and surface stains.
6. Water – After every meal/snack be sure to rinse your mouth out with water. Water helps remove the traces of food that are left behind.
7. Whitening Gels – Whitening gels can be applied with a brush over your teeth and rinsed after a set amount of time. Gels are also used in whitening trays. You fill the trays with peroxide-based whitening gel and leave on your teeth for a period of time and then rinse.
8. Whitening Strips – Whitening strips are clear strips that have a peroxide-based whitening gel that is applied once or twice daily for 30 minutes.
9. Hydrogen Peroxide/Baking Soda Paste – Mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda to make a homemade toothpaste. Make sure the paste is a bit more runny than gritty. Brush your teeth as usual.
10. Hydrogen Peroxide Mouthwash – Rinse with 2 Tbs of 3% hydrogen peroxide for one minute. Spit out and rinse with water.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) – ACV is a known natural whitener, but you must be consistent to see results. Be sure to brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste after you’ve used ACV. Acids can erode enamel so be sure to rinse and brush after using ACV.
12. Strawberries – If you have strawberries in your fridge, grab them and whiten your teeth. These fruits are high in vitamin C which can break down plaque. Strawberries also contain malic acid, an enzyme that can remove surface stains. Some people mash them up and brush on their teeth, and others add a little baking soda and make a paste.
13. Crunchy Fruit and Vegetables – Give your teeth a great natural polish while eating celery, apples, and carrots.