There are more ways than one to restore your smile.
If you’ve always been self-conscious of your smile because of crooked, stained, or missing teeth, then consider some of the best cosmetic dentistry procedures offered by Penn Dental Family Practice.
It’s understood that cosmetic dentistry is meant to aesthetically improve your smile, but oftentimes, people are only aware of one or two ways to do so. It turns out that cosmetic dentistry is much more than tooth whitening and porcelain veneers. Below are some of the best cosmetic dental procedures that can restore your smile and your confidence.
The 5 Best Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Tooth Whitening – If you’re looking for a quick smile enhancement, tooth whitening might be a great place to start. Usually, this is the most sought after cosmetic dental procedure because it’s fairly inexpensive and gives you results after just one or two visits. However, whitening treatments won’t correct all types of discoloration. Yellow tones respond well to bleaching treatments while brown or gray tones might not respond at all. If your tooth discoloration is a result of an injury or medication, a whitening treatment will not be as effective.
- Veneers – Dental veneers are tooth-colored, wafer-thin shells that are bonded to the front of your teeth to cover up chips, cracks, and stains. Made of porcelain or resin-based material, veneers can change the size, shape, length, or color of your teeth. The veneering usually requires a consultation and two additional appointments to make and apply the veneers.
- Composite Bonding – Bonding is a restorative treatment that uses a tooth-colored composite resin that is molded and shaped to your teeth. The resin is applied and then molded with a special light that then bonds the material to your teeth to give you your desired smile. Composite bonding repairs chipped, cracked, discolored, or decayed teeth. It is also used when a portion of the tooth root has been exposed due to receding gums.
- Crowns – Crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over the existing tooth to improve the appearance, shape, and size of a tooth. These improve the appearance of your smile, and they are also known to restore and protect your teeth. Crowns can protect a weak tooth from fracturing, restore a fractured tooth, cover a dental implant, or replace a filling.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants can restore the beauty and function of your smile. The difficulties of missing teeth are the inability to chew food properly, speak clearly, and the deterioration of the jawbone. Dental implants are permanently installed into the jawbone, and replaced with a crown to restore the appearance of your smile, stop bone loss, and improve speech. Implants are one of the best cosmetic dentistry procedures because it does more than give you a beautiful smile; it improves your oral health.