- Orthodontist appointments every month for tightening
- The unappealing flash of metal on your teeth
- Strict rules about what you can and can’t eat with braces
- Up to three years of orthodontic treatment
How Invisalign Solves All This
Many people opt for Invisalign because they don’t feel like dealing with the perceived inconveniences of traditional braces. Perhaps you don’t have time to make an orthodontist appointment every month for tightening, or you aren’t particularly fond of what braces look like. It’s also worth noting that there are a variety of different options available for adults, including the use of other materials besides traditional metal. Some people don’t mind the rules about eating during braces treatment because it helps them achieve their dieting goals, but others view it as a reason to rule out braces.
Here are the ways that Invisalign’s no-braces orthodontics approach addresses these issues:
- Invisalign’s method is similar to that of traditional braces because it also relies on orthodontic technology that gradually shifts teeth into their new position. In the Invisalign system, disposable clear aligners arrive in the mail every few weeks. Each time your new aligners arrive, you can dispose of the previous pair! That means that the number of trips to the orthodontist is greatly reduced, saving you time that can be spent elsewhere.
- “Clear braces” are a great alternative to metal (or ceramic) braces. If you prefer to keep your orthodontic treatment out of the spotlight, then transparent aligners may be the right option for you! Customized aligners fit perfectly over your teeth, leaving their appearance essentially unchanged.
- Invisalign treatment does not come with diet restrictions. All you have to do is remove the aligners when eating, brush your teeth, and put them back in! The only requirement is that aligners must remain in your mouth 22 hours a day.
- While Invisalign treatment may vary in length, it has a shorter duration than braces. Braces typically take three years to complete treatment, while Invisalign lasts only 12-18 months on average.
If this all sounds good to you, then we encourage you to take advantage of a free no-braces orthodontics consultation at Penn Dental Family Practice! You’ll be examined by one of our caring orthodontists and have the opportunity to ask questions about how treatment works. We hope to see you in one of our offices soon!
Call PDFP for an appointment at the office nearest you at 215-898-7337.