Give yourself the best graduation present as you enter the workforce this year.
You’ve just graduated college and you’re ready to go into the workforce with your shiny new degree. Though you’ve rightfully earned the title of young professional, any number of insecurities can plague the average graduate, such as: “Will I be competent enough to handle this job? Will they underestimate me because I’m young?”
These are common-enough concerns; you’re certainly not the only one thinking about them. But the embarrassment of misaligned or crooked teeth can further exacerbate any other insecurities. If you’re considering orthodontic treatment to give your professional life a clean start, then we encourage you to look at all your options, especially invisible braces for grads.
Invisible braces are a preferred orthodontic treatment for many young adults because clear aligners don’t draw attention the way a mouthful of metal sometimes can. Here are a few reasons why you should choose invisible braces for grads as your graduation present this year.
- A Low-Hassle Option – Unlike metal braces which are permanently adhered to the teeth until the orthodontist removes them, invisible braces can be inserted and removed at will, though for optimal results, they should remain in your mouth for 20-22 hours daily. People won’t even notice you’re wearing invisible braces unless they examine your teeth very closely, which we’re guessing isn’t something most people do on a regular basis!
- Better Oral Health – Because you can remove your invisible braces, it is possible to continue your oral hygiene habits without the complications that come with metal braces. Most people remove their aligners while eating, brushing, and flossing, which allows for a comprehensive cleaning each time. Unfortunately, metal braces can temporarily increase your rate of tooth decay if you don’t take good enough care to remove trapped food particles.
- Quick Results – With metal braces, the orthodontist gradually tightens teeth to move them into the correct position at each visit. The invisible braces process is different. Every two weeks, you receive a new set of invisible braces to wear. Each set of aligners works to move your teeth, but without any tightening or trips to the orthodontist. Though it is a more gentle process, invisible braces actually produce results more quickly. You’ll generally wear invisible braces between 10 months and a year and a half, while metal braces may take three or more years.
- Avoid Future Problems – Perhaps aesthetics isn’t the primary reason why you’re considering orthodontics. Even more important, receiving orthodontic treatment at a younger age can guard against future issues. Crooked or misaligned teeth can make it harder to keep the teeth clean, often leading to gum disease, tooth loss, or infection (root canal.) Invisible braces are often used to treat gapped teeth, overcrowding, overbite (when the upper teeth protrude over your lower teeth), and underbite (when your lower teeth protrude past your upper teeth.)
- Improve Your Self-Confidence – You’ve never experienced what it’s like to be you with perfectly straight teeth. Invisible braces can bring you that experience for the rest of your life. With a healthier, straighter smile, you can feel more confident as you enter the workforce and begin your professional life. You won’t have to wonder if people are staring at your teeth when you speak or smile. You can flash that toothy grin when taking a photograph! Though not everyone is born with a beautiful smile, anyone can attain it with proper treatment. Invisible braces for grads and other young people entering the workforce can help you get there.
Try Invisible Braces for Grads at Penn Dental Family Practice
At Penn Dental Family Practice, you can take advantage of our free first appointment offer to receive a personalized consultation on invisible braces. You’ll receive a short examination by a Penn orthodontist to determine your eligibility for invisible braces and have the opportunity to ask any questions you have about issues that vary from patient to patient, such as invisible braces cost, how much your insurance will cover, and treatment time. If you’re ready to enter the workforce with the straight teeth you’ve always wanted, please give our office a call today at 215-898-7337 to get started!