At Penn Dental Family Practice, we want to help make your oral health a priority. Brushing, flossing, and seeing your dentist on a regular basis are excellent ways to prevent tooth decay and to keep that smile happy and healthy.
Getting your dental in Philadelphia couldn’t be easier. We have two locations at Locust Walk and University City. We hope that one or more of these will be convenient for you! PDFP also offers you over 35 dentists with specialties covering all areas of dentistry!
Dental in Philadelphia: Do’s and Don’ts
- Brush twice a day with a toothpaste that contains fluoride. Fluoride helps fight the demineralization of your teeth which prevents cavities
- Floss at least once a day. For some reason flossing isn’t perceived to be quite as important as brushing, but in fact it is just as important or more. Flossing reaches those deep, hard-to-reach spots that the toothbrush bristles can’t penetrate.
- Use Mouthwash. While not all mouthwashes are created equal, those that contain listerine or chlorine dioxide will help keep your mouth clean and healthy.
- Brush Properly. Believe it or not, there is a proper way to brush your teeth. Make sure your toothbrush is at a 45 degree angle and brush in a circular motion, being sure to keep your brush in contact with your teeth and your gun line.
- Visit Your Dentist.You only have to see your dentist once every 6 months, and only to get a regular cleaning. Keeping your appointment to see your dentist every 6 months will help you catch any dental issues at their onset, so that you will never have to go through the pain of a serious dental problem.
- Consume a lot of sugar. Sugar is the leading cause of tooth decay, so try your best to avoid sugary food and drinks. Your mouth with thank you.
- Delay visiting your dentist due to fear or cost. Fear of the dentist, and the cost of dental care has caused an increase in emergency room visits over the past few years. The American Dental Association stated that in 2010, 2.1 million people visited the ER due to dental issues. Make your oral health a priority and avoid the ER by seeing your dentist regularly!
- Forget to change your toothbrush. Proper dental in Philadelphia is as easy as changing your toothbrush on a regular basis, In order to get the most our of your toothbrush you need to replace it at least every 3 months. A toothbrush is no longer effective at removing bacteria once the bristles lose their strength.
Get your dental in Philadelphia. Penn Dental Family Practice is ready with the information and care to ensure you can stay on top of your oral health.
Contact our offices today to schedule your check-up!