Does your smile say you’re approachable?
A study conducted for the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry shows how a smile affects first impressions, attractiveness, and even careers. The study showed that:
- 48% of people believe that your smile is the most memorable feature.
- 37% of people believe those with imperfect teeth are less attractive.
- 25% of people with flawed smiles have lower self-confidence.
- 45% believe that a smile is the most attractive feature on a person at any age.
- 75% think that an imperfect smile can have an impact on their career.
Would you believe then that 62% of the participants in this survey also said that they would spend the money to correct or maintain their smile? Changing your smile and your life begins with cosmetic dentistry in Philadelphia PA!
How Cosmetic Dentistry in Philadelphia PA Changes Smiles (and Lives)
- Enjoy A Confidence Boost: According to the study for the AACD, those with imperfect teeth have lower self-confidence than those with a healthy smile. Cosmetic dentistry can change that by giving you the smile and confidence you’ve always wanted, through one of the following options: in-office whitening, veneers, crowns, bonding, inlays or onlays, or more.
- Build Better Dental Hygiene Habits: Once you’ve received cosmetic dentistry in Philadelphia PA to improve your smile, you are more likely to want to want to maintain your smile. That means you’ll begin to be more aware of what you eat, how often you brush and floss, and other habits that will affect the health and appearance of your smile.
- Enhance Your Social Life: You were probably the one to hide your smile or avoid social scenes because you didn’t want people to see your imperfect teeth, right? Cosmetic dentistry can change all of that, and get you back into the social scene. No more hiding your smile or avoiding people: now you can actively participate in life and enjoy it!
- Kick the Habit: Cosmetic dentistry may even help you kick that nasty smoking habit. Natural teeth are prone to staining because of the tar and nicotine in cigarettes, but crowns and veneers are just as susceptible. Don’t jeopardize your health or your new smile any longer – kick that nasty habit!
- Become More Approachable: Did you know that smiling makes you more approachable? It’s true! The more you smile, the more people are likely to engage with you. Cosmetic dentistry can make you proud of your smile, making you more relatable and approachable!
At Penn Dental Family Practice, we think it’s important to live your life with confidence, happiness, and healthy habits! Let us be the cosmetic dentistry in Philadelphia, PA that helps you make that transition. Contact us today to make an appointment.